When buying office furniture in Malta prices are certainly worth discussing. Since Malta is an island, importers will have limited stock and every new order will carry extra freight costs.
You may have noticed that most furniture will cost you less if purchased from abroad but whether you pay for freight or your supplier does, the end result is usually the same or closely similar. This is why it's important to choose an importer when dealing with office furniture. This will give you 3 advantages:
1. You may be able to reduce the cost of your furniture simply by extending waiting time.
A lot of suppliers can provide faster turnaround but waiting until their container is full with orders means that the freight can be divided between all the orders, meaning you can negotiate a better price if you're willing to wait.
2. Working with larger suppliers
This will enable you to negotiate a better 'bulk price' on both the cheaper and the more expensive purchases. So try to work with one supplier for all your needs. There a few locally, BSL Lifestyles is one of them.
3. Wider choice of furniture
Working with an importer give you a wider choice because you can order anything their suppliers provide. So ask for the catalogues don't just buy what you see. It can make your office unique and won't cost you more, especially if you stick with one supplier.
Contact us to learn more about our range and prices:
When choosing your office furniture, there's a lot you need to keep in mind. Knowing your office furniture suppliers in Malta is important, but that's just the beginning. If you just buy any plain old furniture you come across, you will find that your furniture will need changing very fast. With a little bit of planning, you can save yourself a lot of time and money in the long run.
Here's what to keep in mind when buying your office furniture:
1. What's my budget? Which office furniture suppliers in Malta can I afford?
The most important thing is obviously your budget. This will dictate how much you can spend however be careful not to make common mistakes. A limited budget does not mean you need to choose a smaller shop. On the contrary, you need to choose a company that can offer a large variety so that you can choose from a variety of different prices. This will allow you to go cheap whilst also finding key pieces that make your decor look higher quality.
2. Longevity. Long Lasting Furniture is not always the best option.
How long are you keeping your premises for? Will you need to move soon? If so skimp on semi-permanent solutions like partitioning. You may opt for soundproof modules that are portable and can be moved to your new offices when you move. If you're staying in your office indefinitely because you own the building make sure you keep the layout flexible so it allows you to grow. Discuss your future staffing projections with your BSL Lifestyles project manager.
3. Use: How will the office be used in 2 or 5 years' time?
Think about the use of your premises. Do your employees spend most of their time at their desk? Do they eat on the premises? etc. Make sure that you choose washable materials for dining areas and places with heavy daily usage. Provide adjustable desks for people who spend most of their time at their desk to improve their long-term health and productivity.
Ask your staff for ideas. What would they like to have in their office? You will get some silly answers when you ask that question like a slide or swimming pool, but perhaps they are not so silly after all. Google has built a brand around that and we supply all the fun stuff because our clients like to have fun with their decor so we have pushed ourselves to supply all the fun stuff with plenty of options.
Office reception areas can be a great opportunity to showcase your fun brand. Adding the right colours and dynamic can make you create the right expectations that will help you land the right employees and clients.
We love planning reception areas with our clients and over the last 10 years, we have identified 3 things to keep in mind when planning your reception area:
1. Your company culture. If your company culture is fun. Then you need to make sure your reception area says " these guys are great fun!" You can do this by using a variety of bright colours that complement your brand colour. Use bean bags and different types of chairs to create a dynamic environment
2. Your company size. If you want to be fun, but you want your company to be taken seriously then it's important that you look like a pro and also like you're willing to make an investment in the right place. This calls for the odd designer chair. A classic chair that everyone recognises as a modern retro is often the best solution.
3. Your Company colours. Make sure that the colours you choose complement the Brand colours. Do not use colours that shout louder than your brand colours because your brand will get lost in a sea of colours. Keep your brand colour dominant. Use a big sign with your brand logo and tagline and make sure you build in plenty of white space around it to allow it to be easily visible as the most important focus of your reception area.
Put pen to paper and make a plan. Then give us a call so we can help you source the best quality products on the market.
6 Reasons why you might need partitioning instead of a new office furniture layout. In Malta most of our offices are well lit naturally most of the year, so using portioning in glass can be a great way of making the most of this to save on electrical bills. Another great reason to use partition is the saving when heating or cooling the environment. Noise reduction is also one of the advantages but the greatest thing about them is definitely flexibility.
Partitions can be moved and repurposed somewhere else. They are a reversible layout alteration and will allow you to change your office space multiple times as your company grows.
Your reception area is the first thing people experience about your offices. Whether they're visiting for an interview, to work with you on a project or to sell you something, you need to leave a good impression. The impression you leave will have a lasting effect on people and will also gauge the way they engage with you later.
If you're a serious international company but your reception area says 'friendly' then you will find people are more relaxed and informal with you. If your reception area, however, does not deliver this message. If you've decorated your reception area with large intimidating international flags, a black leather sofa and cold glass tables with a grey carpet. Well, nothing about you is saying you're friendly.
If you use colours and warm materials like textiles and wood, then you will give off a friendly vibe and people will perceive you differently. This is why the ranges we choose to stock come in a variety of colours, textures and styles, so you can the right perception in your reception area.
We love Google's reception areas, they have built a cult around their office decor.